Saturday 29 April 2017

PPP SB1 - Art From Non Art Exhibition














Having successfully been accepted into the exhibition for Goat Collectives 'Art From Non-Art' project, I was able to showcase my work at The Brunswick Leeds with all other accepted submissions. The project was entered by a number of other students from LCA and as well by design agencies, studios and collectives from Leeds, including DR.ME amongst others. The exhibition was an interesting look into different styles of collage and image making which is coming from Leeds, it shows that as a style it is very much on the up and being utilised more and more. Each piece took on a different angle and has its own message, my own piece was printed in black and white as well as many other submissions. 

I feel taking part in exhibitions is a great way to engage with my practice, using a social event to showcase work and see other like minded people's work too, it is a great way to personally reflect on work. Being able to produce work which is subjective and different to the things I am making in my studies is great, it gives me freedom to explore different and unusual styles which can sometimes be too subjective for graphic design. I have thoroughly enjoyed producing this work for Goat Collectives exhibition and I will definitely jump at the chance to be in more exhibitions.

No comments:

Post a Comment