Friday 28 April 2017

ppp - double daggers


Double Daggers is a broadsheet style publication which focusses on traditional print. It features a number of contemporary print makers and designers who use print methods within there work, amongst who is Nick Loaring who I interviewed for my own creative report, coincidentally Nick gave me Double Daggers for free when I visited the print project to interview him. The publication is entirely printed in metal cast type, wood type and laser cut wood type, it has been printed on a Heidelberg press, similar to one which Nick had at the print project. The content is compiled of interviews and work by the chosen print artists, the questions are based on interest in print and topics related to print. Contributors contain people such as Dafi Kuhnes, Hannah Cousins and Brian Bagdonas, all leading contemporaries in print design.

Print is a huge part of my practice, it is a production method I personally get a lot out of and I feel it is a driving force in my style, it enables me to reach an aesthetic that digital means would not produce properly, I want to continue to explore print medium, especially type press, hopefully being able to use the colleges' Korex printing press soon. This is a main ambition for future briefs going into third year.

No comments:

Post a Comment