Tuesday 11 April 2017

BERLIN - 35mm Photography

35mm BERLIN


Visiting Berlin I wanted to try capture it through means of photography and use my 35mm film camera, I wanted to produce pictures with a grain and texture to them, so using an old film camera seemed the best way to do this. I wanted to take photos of the architecture and the art in the streets of Berlin, I looked for hidden places and places with good wide views of buildings and landscapes on ground level. I chose to use a 35mm camera to to try to better my photography skills and also my photo development skills too. 

I found a very interesting street down an alley, on it were a few bars and a small cinema, but the main feature was the walls which were filled with old posters and painted with strong imagery, there were buntings up throughout the street which made it more vibrant, these were the settings I was hoping for and the outcome of the images were quite strong, picking up good colour with a slight grain to them also.

 Throughout Berlin were street walls filled with posters and street art, even work by Anthony Burrill was posted on the streets advertising Ace and Tate opticians, his bold typographic style can be easily identified and his posters stand out on the walls filled with other posters and colours. The many different styles of graffiti art makes these walls bright, exciting and diverse. The shots came out clear and are bold visuals of Berlin street art, I aim to use these images for future work, perhaps some posters or collages.










Berlin holds a lot of brilliant old architecture alot of which predates the war and also some which was built post war, it depends which side of Berlin you are in as in the east the soviet union held parts show russian style architecture where the west still holds the old style buildings and more western style architecture. These shots were taken on the west side of Berlin around the National History Museum, many of the images contain the Needle, the broadcasting tower, the photos capture the light bouncing off it and make for really good outcomes.





No comments:

Post a Comment