Monday 7 March 2016

Self Branding






I looked at a range of logos and branding identities of big and small corporations to get an idea of what sort of design I want to do for my own self branding. I felt that a logo would work well, especially as I plan to create something to send to studios which they can keep or use, this will have my branded identity printed onto it. I initially wanted to produce something practical and something which I can also resonate with, like a beer mat or small washing up towel, something cloth would be interesting as it can be used and folded and stuffed into pockets, it is an easy thing to have, beer mats or coffee mats would also be interesting and practical, placing them in certain areas and sending them to design studios for use. I then thought about producing a t shirt but felt it would not get worn.

Having looked at a number of logos I felt a typographic route would work best, using my name or initials would work well so people would remember my name. I shall look further into typefaces, which I use often, and which represent me and my ongoing practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment