Wednesday 16 March 2016

Screen Print

Whilst playing about with the layout of the type I attempted the Justify type setting like the style used on vampire weekends album 'Contra' which aligns the type like this splitting up to create a square, this way the type is split up wide and has a conformed layout. This style fills out the design and works well to create a legible and clean looking design. I wanted the type to go over the red circle so that it wasn't restricted, which again references the style I like to conform to within my work, being able to produce work and not following the guidelines.




I prepared the negatives for my screen as I would usually do it separating the two parts which will end up producing a two colour print. I had to double check I was doing this the correct way so that I did not waste time producing the wrong screens. I mocked up what I wanted the design to look like once printed onto the tote bag.



No comments:

Post a Comment