Tuesday 15 March 2016

Jazz Records Inspiration

I was told about the music website Blue Note, a record company who deals mainly in jazz and blues. On there website is a timeline from 1939 when they were founded up to present day, it consists of all the record sleeves they have produced. I look on there for inspiration and found many album covers of which to take inspiration from. Taking Inspiration from the colours used, images and shapes. I prefer the rough shaped hand drawn ones, and the hand drawn/ photograph merged ones. I find the concepts behind these art works fascinating and the most engaging album art of all the genres of music. The music can be seen through the cover in some sense and I really like the idea of that.









































No comments:

Post a Comment